SEREMBAN: The Negeri Sembilan Pakatan Harapan state government has so far allocated RM29.4 million under 11 initiatives for this year to ease the people’s burden in battling the Covid-19 pandemic, especially under the movement control order.
Negeri Sembilan Menteri Besar, YAB Dato’ Seri Aminuddin Harun said the state was sensitive to the needs of the people and was monitoring the situation to see if more assistance was needed.
“The state government has allocated RM29,401,352 so far this year to handle the Covid-19 pandemic.
“We have rolled out 11 initiatives that are under implementation now.
“God willing, the state government will continue to work hard to ensure the people’s welfare are always protected during this lockdown,” he said.
The 11 initiatives presently being implemented are:
1. Food baskets and essential goods aid – RM5 million
2. Loss of income support for heads of household (One-off payment, subject to Labour Department) – RM3 million
3. Special one-off aid to traders without premise – RM1.5 million
4. Various community aids – RM8.12 million
5. Support to kin of Covid-19 victims who had died – RM0.116 million
6. Rent exemption for Negeri Sembilan Public Housing tenants (3 months) – RM1.1 million
7. Rent exemption for People’s Housing Projects under Majlis Bandaraya Seremban (3 months) – RM0.2 million
8. Rent exemption for stalls under local councils (for June) – RM0.5 million
9. Purchase of Oxygen supply for use of Covid-19 patients in the state – RM0.5 million
10. Operation/Management of quarantine centres, Covid-19 related operations, roadblocks, PPE purchases – RM5.365 million
11. Contingency expenses – RM4 million